Sambar Powder Recipe | sambar masala podi
Sambar Powder Recipe
Sambhar powder is a flavorful masala of South India. In South India, it is added with lentils and vegetables while preparing various types of sambhars to enhance its flavor. If you love to eat south Indian dishes like Idli or Dosa and you prepare them frequently, then it is very important to know the perfect recipe of typical sambhar masala of south Indian style to make sambhar. Sambhar is accompanied with almost all the south Indian dishes. Whether you serve it with breakfast or lunch, with a bowl of rice, idli or dosa. Sambhar is all time favorite. Here is an authentic step by step written and video recipe for sambhar masala, which will make easy to prepare sambhar anytime you wish.
I always love to prepare recipes by adding homemade masala powder. I make sambhar masala in small quantity and store it in air tight container. I consume it in next 2 -3 months. I usually prepare sambhar once or twice a week using this sambhar masala. So making Sāmbhar masala in small amount is sufficient, if you make sambhar once a week or occasionally. If you are using this sambhar masala more often than you can prepare it in bulk and store it in air tight container to save your time and energy. You can enjoy the unique flavor of traditional Sambhar Masala round the year.
Making sambhar masala at home is very easy and add a very nice flavor to sambhar which you never get from market bought one. Preparing masala powder at home is always pure, hygienic, fresh, unadulterated and very cheap with very good quality of spices used. I make sambhar masala by using basic Indian spices and lentils like gram pulses (Chana dal), black gram (urad dal), Split yellow gram (tuvar dal), yellow moong dal, cinnamon, dry red chili, clove, bay leaf. Proper process of roasting and grinding all the spices will make a very authentic sambhar masala. If you are looking for more homemade spices or masala powder then do check:-
- Jiralu Powder or Garadu masala
- Kasuri methi powder
- Homemade Dried Mint Powder
- Milk Masala Powder Recipe
- Garam Masala Recipe
- Dry Ginger Powder (Sonth)
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Chai Masala | Tea Powder Recipe
Sambar Powder recipe (step by step written)
- Gram Pulse / Chana Dal - ½ Cup
- Black Gram / Urad Dal - ½ Cup
- Split Yellow Gram / Tuvar / Toovar dal - ½ Cup
- Moong Dal Mogar - ½ Cup
- Cinnamon - 2 - 3 pieces
- Dry red chili- 8 - 10 pieces
- Clove - 8 - 10 pieces
- Bay Leaf / Tej Patta - 4 - 5 leaves
- Heat a pan, pour Channa dal, Urad dal, Toor Dal, Yellow moong dal and roast it till they become light brown in color and nice aroma comes.
- Now add clove, bay leaf, cinnamon, dry red chili and saute it for one minute on low flame and switch off the burner.
- Grind it finely to a powder after it is cooled.
- Our homemade Sambar Masala Powder is ready.
- Store it in a air tight container for twelve months and use it whenever required.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!