Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy – Restaurant style
Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy
Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy
A common favorites amongst many and the top menu in almost all the restaurant’s and dhabhas, Paneer Tikka Masala is a delicious Indian Punjabi dish. Here is an easy to cook, quick recipe of Paneer Tikka Masala. Enjoy the beautiful, aromatic blend of paneer with vegetables. For making any paneer based dishes, its always best to make paneer at home.
Restaurant style paneer tikka masala rich gravy is made with onions, tomato puree, yogurt and cream. To prepare perfect gravy, I suggest to use fresh curd/yogurt and sweet tomatoes instead of too tangy or sour. Here we are using homemade yogurt/curd.
paneer tikka masala’s, tikka can be made on tawa on stove top or in a barbeque or oven. If you like to make these paneer tikka in an oven you can very well proceed with the same marination ingredients. For the restaurant style color, I suggest using a good Kashmiri or byadgi red chilli powder. I would not prefer to use food colors.
If you are looking for more paneer recipes then do check
Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy step by step video recipe
Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy step by step written recipe
- Indian Cheese | Paneer - 150 Gram, Chopped in cubes
- Capsicum | Bell Pepper - 1 medium size square cut
- Tomato- 1 medium size square cut
- Onion - 1 medium size square cut & 1 big finely chopped
- Curd| Yogurt - 2 Table spoon
- Dry Fenugreek leaves | Kasuri Methi- ½ Teaspoon
- Dry Cilantro Powder | Dry Coriander Powder | Dhania Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger and Garlic Paste - 1 Teaspoon (Paste of 1 Inch Ginger and 4 - 5 Garlic cloves)
- Garam Masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Tomato Puree - 1 medium size Tomato
- Refine Flour | Maida - ½ Teaspoon
- Lemon | Lime Juice - ½ Lemon
- Oil - 3 Table spoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds | Jeera - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - To taste
- Take a bowl, put curd in it, add 1 teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, half of the turmeric powder, lemon juice, fenugreek powder, half of the ginger-garlic paste and salt according to taste.
- Mix the curd and spices very well and add 2 tablespoon oil and again mix it well.
- Add paneer and square cut vegetables: Onion, tomato & capsicum. Mix well again.
- Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
- Put on the burner and place a pan on it. Put 1 tablespoon oil and let it heat.
- When the oil is properly heated add cumin seeds, when cumin starts sparkling and turn light brown in colour, add chopped onions, salt according to taste, add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric powder. Cook until onions become transparent.
- Now add coriander powder, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and refine flour (Maida). Mix everything well & add tomato puree. Keep stirring continuously until the mixture leaves oil.
- When the gravy starts leaving oil, add garam masala, stir well and add water.
- Keep stirring and put off the burner after sometime.
- Twenty minutes are now over and paneer will marinate well by this time.
- Now we need to cook the marinated mixture a little. Put on a burner and place a pan on it.
- Put the marinated mixture and cook for sometime, keep stirring so that the paneer and vegetables are properly cooked from all sides as shown in video. Take out the tomatoes in a bowl as they cook faster than other ingredients. When the marinated mixture is cooked add it to the gravy along with tomatoes and put on the burner & mix everything well.
- To enhance its flavor and texture, put 3 tablespoon cream in the gravy. Stir a little and put off the burner.
- Garnish the yummy dish with coriander and serve hot.
Enjoy the delicious paneer tikka masala with hot tawa naan, chapati or paratha. It goes great with jeera rice also.
1. In absence of Paneer you can use tofu.
2. If you are using frozen paneer then defrost it before using.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!