Palak Pakoda – Pakora – Fritters Recipe
Whenever hot and crispy pakoras are prepared at home, it doesn’t matter whether it is onion, spinach, potatoes, cabbage or paneer pakode, everyone loves it. Whether it is summer, winter or it rains, does not matter to people who loves pakora with hot masala tea. With this step by step video recipe, making it at home is now easier and you never go wrong while preparing it.
This is a quick and easy recipe using spinach, gram flour, red chilli powder, oil, salt, garam masala, chat masala. Spinach leaf dipped in a thin layer of besan and deep fried until crispy are a delight to relish. Our other pakoda recipes are potato pakoda, onion pakoda, moong dal wada. These pakoda’s are loved by all age group of people. In past I was preparing spinach pakoda without using garam masala but when I tried it with my homemade garam masala you will not believe the result I got was awesome.
Spinach is good source of vitamins A, B2, C AND K and also it contains iron, calcium and potassium. Palak pakora can be served with mint coriander chutney, tomato sauce, green coriander chutney, raw mango chutney, sweet and sour tamarind chutney etc. I usually serve it with green coriander chutney along with masala tea. Crispy golden yellow mouthwatering palak pakora along with hot masala chai is a stealer. Enjoy it with your spouse or with a group of friends.Whenever our friends and relatives come surprisingly, pakodas are the tasty and easy snacks which can be prepared and served quickly, just in no time, because the ingredients need to prepare pakodas are found easily in everyone’s kitchen. To prepare this recipe perfectly watch step by step video recipe by neetainkitchen.com. Enjoy many more snacks recipes with neetainkitchen.com these season.
Palak Pakoda step by step video recipe
Palak Pakoda step by step Written recipe
- ½ Cup - Gram Flour
- 8 – 10 leaves - Spinach | Palak
- 1 tea spoon - Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tea spoon - Garam Masala
- to taste - salt
- as required - water
- To sprinkle- Chaat Masala
- To deep fry - Oil
- Wash the spinach (palak) leaves thoroughly with water.
- Take a bowl and make a thick batter by constantly mixing the gram flour (besan) with water as shown in video.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala and salt to the above mixture and mix it well
- Now add the spinach leaf one by one to this mixture and coat it evenly from both sides.
- Put on the burner, place a deep frying pan and pour oil. Let the oil medium heat. To test, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should come up and not change color instantly.
- When oil is heated properly, dunk the spinach leaf one by one and fry them on a medium high flame. Fry the pakoras, turning occasionally with the help of slotted spoon, until both sides are crispy or golden brown in colour. Take them out and put them on a plate with tissues (to absorb excess oil). The tissue will absorb the extra oil from the pakoras.
- Repeat this process for the remaining spinach leaves.
- Our Crispy Spinach Pakora are ready to serve. Sprinkle some chaat masala on it. Serve these hot with tea and tomato sauce, tamarind chutney or green chutney.
Click to watch more interesting Pakoda (Fritters) recipe.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!