Homemade Dried Fenugreek Leaves | Kasuri Methi
Homemade Dried Fenugreek Leaves
In north and south India, dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi is commonly used as a kitchen-spice. An ingredient of dry vegetable dishes, dals, pickles, paratha and in some Indians curries. Fenugreek (Greek Hay and Fenigreek) is commonly known as vendhayam in Tamil and methi in Hindi.
Fenugreek seeds is a common household remedy for a treatment of diabetes. It is an herb that is commonly found growing in the Mediterranean region of the world. While the seeds and leaves are primarily used as a culinary spice, it is also used to treat a variety of health problems in Egypt, Greece, Italy, and South Asia.
Methi is a rich tank of medicinal properties that imparts many health benefits. Fenugreek seeds have been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium. However, its functionality ranges goes much beyond just imparting distinct flavors to many kitchen dishes. It can also be a valuable addition to your beauty tool kit.
Kasuri methi powder is easily available in market, but preparing kasuri methi at home is very easy. Homemade Indian spices are pure, hygienic, unadulterated and very cheap in compare to market available version.
For more Homemade Indian spices recipes, checkout:
- Jiralu Powder or Garadu masala
- Homemade Dried Mint Powder
- Milk Masala Powder Recipe
- Garam Masala Recipe
- Dry Ginger Powder (Sonth)
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Chai Masala | Tea Powder Recipe
- Sambar Powder Recipe | sambar masala
Homemade Dried Fenugreek Leaves step by step video recipe
Homemade Dried Fenugreek Leaves step by step written recipe
- 150 Gram of Fresh Fenugreek Leaves
- Remove Fenugreek leafs from the stems.
- Now we have two methods to dry Fenugreek leaves first is to spread fenugreek leaves on a paper or cotton cloth and dry it in sunlight for two days and then powder it in mixer to make dried Fenugreek leaves powder.
- Second method is using the microwave, where we can make dried Fenugreek leaves immediately.
- To make dried Fenugreek leaves powder in microwave, spread the Fenugreek leaves evenly in microwave plate and microwave it at 60% power for 5 minutes, stir a little in between as shown in the video. Again microwave it at 80% power for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the microwave and give it a 10 min standing time.
- Once it's very dry, it can be crumbled by hand or through a mixer, or the leaves can be left whole.
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves powder is ready to be stored and used whenever required.
Store dried Fenugreek Leaves powder in an air tight container in a cool dry place away from moisture and humidity.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!