Green chilli lemon pickle recipe-hari mirch achaar
Green chilli lemon pickle
Green chilli lemon pickle recipe is very easy to prepare and spice up any Indian meals like dal-rice, veg pulao, pakoda, curd-rice, stuff paratha, plain paratha or even with roti sabzi. It is loved by people of all age groups because after pickling and maturing it reduces the hotness of chillies. This oil free green chilli lemon pickle has turmeric, yellow mustard seeds and lemon juice which enhance flavour, aroma and taste of green chillies.
There are variety of Indian pickles which are made in particular season due to non-availability of its ingredients, but this green chilly pickle (hari mirch achaar) can be made any time throughout the year due to its easily available ingredients.
Pickling process usually requires sunlight, but if you don’t get good sunlight, not to worry. Just keep it for some more days out on the terrace or balcony and if you get intense and hot sunlight then just reduce the number of days required for pickling process.
Green chilli lemon pickle recipe video
green chilli or hari mirch pickle recipe
- 100 gram of green chilly | hari mirch (less or medium hot variety)
- 4 tablespoon of mustard lentil, yellow or black split mustard seeds, rai ki dal
- 3 lemons|lime|numbu
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder | haldi
- ½ teaspoon of asafoetida / hing
- salt to taste
- First wash and pat dry green chillies. Grease hand with some oil, so that while slitting the chillies it will not irritate our hands.
- Remove the cap from the top and slit them in the middle with the help of knife and deseed. Keep it aside.
- For filling:- Take a bowl and add yellow mustard lentils, turmeric powder, asafoetida (hing), salt and half of the lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Make a mixture into a paste to stuff into the chillies.
- Now put the above stuffing in slitted green chillies.
- Put the stuffed green chillies in a clean and dry glass or bone china container. Add remaining lemon juice and shake it well.
- Keep the container in direct sun light for two to three days and shake it four to five times a day.
- After three days we will get our green chilly lemon pickle ready. Store it in the refrigerator for seven to ten days and enjoy it with your meals.
Always purchase fresh, green, long and thick green chillies to make pickle juicy and tasty.
Always use green chillies medium or less hot. To do that, smell it and check, it should not smell very strong or ask the vendor about the spiciness of chillies.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!