Aam Panna | Raw Mango (Kairi) Panna
Aam Panna / Raw mango panna is very delicious to drink and also known as keri or kairi ka panna. It has slight tangy taste from raw mangoes, sweetness of sugar and good flavors from spices. During summer season you need something to cool your body and aam panna is the perfect refreshing drink. In Gujarat this is known as kachi keri no baflo. Kachi keri means raw mango and baflo means something made from boiled product. It is much healthier from the drinks available in the market like coca cola, thumps-up, limca, frooti, maza and other soft drinks and beverages. You can refrigerate the aam panna and have a glass of cool panna whenever you come home to get rid of outside heat. This drink will make you feel refreshing. I know summer has long and hot days but why we can’t enjoy this hot season like other season, so let’s enjoy this summer by preparing some refreshing drinks which keep you cool and calm. Here are some of the drinks which are prepared at home which is liked by me and my family are orange ice cream shake, strawberry ice-cream shake, buttermilk (Chach), strawberry lassi, sweet lassi, lemonade, cola syrup etc. Click it if you also want to enjoy them.
Generally we should avoid unhealthy soft drinks in the summer and instead of it we should eat great summer cooler fruits like: watermelons, coconuts, muskmelons, cucumber and lemons. Usually Aam Panna is drink after lunch or dinner as it helps in digestion and keep our body cool in summer. It can also be served as a welcome drink.
I had flavored aam panna or raw mango panna with fresh homemade spices like: dry mint powder, dry ginger powder, roasted cumin powder, asafetida (hing), black salt, salt and sugar (instead of sugar you can also use jaggery to make it more healthy). Keri Panna is cool drink that protect the body from dehydration during severe heat waves that heat during summer.
Aam Panna step by step video recipe
Aam Panna step by step written recipe
- Wash and pat dry raw mango. Peel it with the help of peeler and cut it into small pieces.
- Place it in a mixer jar. Add sugar and grind to make a smooth pulp.
- Strain the pulp with the help of strainer. (You can store this pulp for 8 - 10 months by refrigerating it in an air tight container)
- Add half cup water in above pulp and boil it for 5 minutes on low flame on burner. Stir it continuously.
- Let it cool and add 1 cup of water to it.
- Add all the spices :- dry ginger powder, roaster cumin powder, Dry mint Powder / Pudina Powder, Asafoetida / hing, black salt, white salt and mix it well.
- Cool it in a refrigerator.
- Raw Mango Panna is ready to serve. Add some ice-cubes and enjoy the refreshing drink.
Health benefits of aam panna
Prevents you from heat stroke and keeps body cool.
aam panna helps in preventing stomach problems in summer.
If you like this post, I would really love it, if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the ” like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons or “Pin it” button below the post. Thank you!
Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in running a large cooking website. Thank you very much for browsing!